FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects Adding a spike in keyframe graph

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josiah Stewart
After Effects Adding a spike in keyframe graph
on Apr 23, 2018 at 3:50:13 am

After effects adding spikes in keyframes

Hey Guys, There is probably a thread for this but i couldnt find one that would help with my issue.

This spike happens even with 1 px of movement on that plain, I dont want it to do that. I just need it to stay as it is not being moved.

Hope that made sense,

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: After Effects Adding a spike in keyframe graph
on Apr 27, 2018 at 2:43:02 pm

Is the graph editor set to speed or value? When its set to speed (which is closer to how AE used to work before the graph editor) you can get kinks that look bad but actually work correctly.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Apr 27, 2018 at 4:59:36 pm

Also if the x,y,(and Z) are conjoined that can make things worse. SO in the graph editor you can tell them to be separate dimensions and then you can see each channel instead of a grouped (and poor) representation of the curves

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
on Apr 27, 2018 at 9:02:27 pm

there is little information about your situation as you cropped your screenshot so i'll make a guess. this look like an overshoot problem that is typical when using spatial interpolation of position keyframes. you could fix it by highlighting both keyframes and change the spatial interpolation to linear by hitting Ctrl+Alt+K (Windows). this is also called the boomerang effect:

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor
♫ AeBlues Tutorials ♫
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]