FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE collaborative project workflow advise ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xav VonL
AE collaborative project workflow advise ?
on Apr 22, 2018 at 1:17:25 pm

Hi everyone,
I’m starting a team-project in after-effects where several artists, including myself, will be working on individual project files, all of which will be aggregated in a “master” AE project, handled by me.

My question is :

instead of loading an aep as usual, like a composition, in a new in a new project, is there a way to work with “children” aep’s within a “parent” aep, with children aep’s being used as “reference files”, or whatever you would call them, just like a regular footage, in such a way that when a child aep is edited and saved, the master aep gets updated with the changes ? (like it would be with, per say, a psd file) ?

Fingers crossed :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE collaborative project workflow advise ?
on Apr 22, 2018 at 2:47:10 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Apr 22, 2018 at 3:41:22 pm

You can import other project files into one project file. This gives you access to everything in those other projects.

But you must ALSO know that an imported will NOT update; it is frozen in time.

So you must plan how you want to proceed very carefully.

There is an application called Adobe Team which is touted as a solution to your situation. You need to know that very few people report having success with it and many, many more people just wont use it. It is not a fully-developed, well-functioning application. If you have IT people or individuals with computer science degrees among your group, you might be able to get it to work.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Xav VonL
Re: AE collaborative project workflow advise ?
on Apr 23, 2018 at 9:33:13 am

Thanks for your input Dave,

yes that was my question, other than importing one aep within another "the regular way" and then obviously it would not update anymore and it can quickly be a huge mess.....
As for Adobe Team, I haven't experienced it myself but from the videos I've seen online, I'm nowhere neare to being convinced, to say the least.....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]