FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird glitching has suddenly appeared in timelines and renders

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Bailey
Weird glitching has suddenly appeared in timelines and renders
on Apr 18, 2018 at 8:26:35 pm

Hey community.

Am scratching my head over this one. I'm working on a little scamp of a silly idea, but there is loads of glitching taking place. It didn't until I rendered everything out. Then the glitches started appearing - artifacts in the shape of masks on different layers. One weird thing happened too - there was a freeze frame from a clip that was further along the timeline way away from the playhead, but it was showing up on the canvas the whole time, even when I made every layer invisible.

Here is a link to a little export I made of the clip, and then a screen rec of me going through the AEP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hepz_n9YNhc

Any help appreciated. The final output is going to be portrait, like a bad phone recording. Sorry, I know this'll be visually offensive to you all!

It's all at 29.99fps, as per the footage I nabbed.

Cheers all.

Sam

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Weird glitching has suddenly appeared in timelines and renders
on Apr 18, 2018 at 10:08:13 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Apr 18, 2018 at 10:22:25 pm

Sorry, the link doesn't work. But from your description, I'd say you have to purge AE Memory and Caches.

And a word to the wise -- be accurate in your frame rates. It may be just a typo, but the frame rate is 29.97, not 29.99. Such accuracy can avoid headaches as you progress through your workflow.

Oh, and if you're a fan of shooting phone video, get yourself one of the apps that forces phone video cameras to work like REAL video cameras. Especially the frame rate -- phones shoot in variable frame rates, but most video editing and and effects applications freak out when confronted with variable frame rate video.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sam Bailey
on Apr 19, 2018 at 10:42:58 am

Thanks for writing back Dave!

I forgot to mention I have done all the cache clean outs and purges. Here's the link again - hopefully it'll work

You were right, everything is in 29.99fps, which I'm aware is a shade off of NTSC, but I thought if I mantained the same fps across the compositions and footage then all would be ok, and I could push everything in my final export out to 29.97fps. Is this the wrong way round to do it? Should I be transcoding everything immediately into a standard format?

The app you mentioned sounds great - barmy that phones shoot that way.

s.

Don't Panic.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 19, 2018 at 4:51:56 pm

It looks like some masks are off someplace.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sam Bailey
on May 15, 2018 at 6:28:29 pm

Just FYI - I started it all again and was really strict about matching frame rates and transcoding footage from different sources to all be the same first.

Came out fine in the end!

Cheers

Don't Panic.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]