FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED LINE around composition, can't resize

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ale Arias
RED LINE around composition, can't resize
on Apr 18, 2018 at 4:22:57 pm

Iam resizing a composition in after effects, the original comp is 576x384px, I have to edit most of the effects and
images so it fits the new size : 680x1209px.

The problem is, when I try resizing it a red line appears around my composition and cuts the image up and
down. I can't seem to find the problem, Iam kind of new to after effects, but I already checked the layers and
there seems to be no problem with masks.

Any idea? This is kinda urgent :/ this is the second day trying to resize

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: RED LINE around composition, can't resize
on Apr 18, 2018 at 4:49:46 pm

Make a new 680x1209 main comp. Put the other comps inside it. Position & scale as needed.

And I have to tell you, those are WAY weird dimensions for an animation. How are you going to use this? What kind of file do you intend to render/export from AE?

Do you know ANYTHING about the basics of After Effects? Or are you trying to do this stuff intuitively, which inevitably leads to failure?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Apr 18, 2018 at 5:17:07 pm

It looks like that red line is just the outline for one of the layers. AE shows you this so footage that extends beyond the frame can positioned even if it doesn't show up in the viewport. Only the stuff withing the stage/visible frame will render.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Apr 18, 2018 at 5:22:13 pm

The "hide shy layers" button is toogled to on, perhaps there's an interaction with shy layers you're not seeing.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]