FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with tracking in Mocha AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Czarnecki
Problem with tracking in Mocha AE
on Apr 12, 2018 at 7:56:12 pm

I'm really new to Mocha and know the very basics to it. I am trying to get tracking info/keyframes to attach to an object to mask out and replace an LED that was on the ground in this shoot. I keep having trouble with the footage being tracked. Min % Pixels Used is at 100 and i don't know what else to do. I keep receiving the error: "One or more selections were not tracked properly. Try increasing the minimum percentage of pixels used."

Is it possible to track that object? The produces that shot this used it as a marker.

here are the screenshots of my problem

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Problem with tracking in Mocha AE
on Apr 12, 2018 at 8:07:32 pm

You don't need to use Mocha for this. After Effects' point tracker will do fine. Point track it, and apply the tracking data to a Photoshopped patch for that region.

Return to posts index

Tyler Czarnecki
on Apr 13, 2018 at 12:41:44 pm

The point tracker in after effects is the one under Animation> Track Motion correct?

thank you ill give this another track. The analysis kept failing when I tried.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Apr 13, 2018 at 11:12:24 pm

Yes. You need to give the box around it a certain amount of room--the tighter you place the box, the harder it will be for the software to track it. The inner box tells AE what you want to track, so make sure you get the full edges of the transition from the light point to black within the box. Then the outer box tells AE how far you might expect it to move within a given frame. So for small movements, you can make the outer box not too much larger than the inner. Lots of motion, expand the outer box. Then place the little crosshair where you want to attach whatever you're placing on the tracked object.

Return to posts index

Martin Brennand
on Apr 13, 2018 at 2:05:13 am

The problem is you're trying to track a pure-white area. Mocha needs texture to track a plane.

Simply expand the size of the shape to cover outside the edge. If you only care about replacing the light you can make the shape quite large.

Are you planning to also paint out the light it's casting? If so, you may want to track the whole plane.

Martin Brennand | Product Manager | mocha - Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

Tyler Czarnecki
on Apr 13, 2018 at 12:44:10 pm

oh really? I suppose that makes sense. Hahaha. I'll see what happens when i make the tracking area larger than the light. No I'm mostly painting over and putting a spark animation on top of that. So the light casting shouldn't be too much of a problem for now.

thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]