FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Position X, Y" not showing up in Particular

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Duncan
"Position X, Y" not showing up in Particular
on Apr 11, 2018 at 5:08:11 pm

I'm trying to change the xy position of the source point in trap code particular v2.6, except the option just isn't there It normally appears between 'emitter type' and 'position subframe'. I am on the box emitter, but no matter which emitter type I choose the option just does not show, and am completely unable to move the source.

I am running After Effects CC 2015.3 release version 13.8.1.38
Mac OS Sierra v 10.12.6
Trapcode Particular v 2.6.0

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: "Position X, Y" not showing up in Particular
on Apr 11, 2018 at 5:37:03 pm

...And you have twirled down every single one of those effect properties to see if the one yuou want has moved?

Could this be something ELSE that the latest AE update (version 15.1.0 as opposed to the one before it, version 15.0.1) has broken?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 11, 2018 at 6:24:47 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "Could this be something ELSE that the latest AE update (version 15.1.0 as opposed to the one before it, version 15.0.1) has broken?"

Let's stay informative, rather than speculative, on the new release. Robert reports in his post that he's running After Effects CC 2015.3, version 13.8.1.38.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Apr 11, 2018 at 6:10:54 pm

Very strange. I just took a peak at an older project (using CS6, Win7 Pro) that when launched updated to Particular 2.6.0. The position settings are there just under the Light Naming option and above the Position Subframe.

As a diagnostic, try a fresh start of AE, A fresh new comp & new solid, Apply Particular and see if the problem persists.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]