FORUMS: list search recent posts

Eyeball switch MISSING!?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alharith Obaid
Eyeball switch MISSING!?
on Apr 9, 2018 at 2:03:13 pm

So I was editing this musicvideo normally, until after effects said that ”there is a problem accessing the audio or video data,, reload footage or replace” (Pics down below)

So then I reloaded the footage and the eyeball switch on the layers just disappeared? There is only the audio switch, but no eyeball. (Pics down below) Like it was an audio file.

What do I do? Please help! I’ve been working on this project for weeks now.

PICS: https://m.imgur.com/a/fBhrW

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Eyeball switch MISSING!?
on Apr 9, 2018 at 5:43:27 pm

That's what you get for updating your software in the middle of a project. Revert to AE 15.0.1.

And THEN read up on what Adobe changed in 15.1.0. You'll be in for a rude surprise.

You will also have learned a valuable lesson -- Never, EVER update Adobe software just because they say something new is available. Always find out what happens to other users first.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Apr 10, 2018 at 2:16:40 am

Have you tried the F4 key to toggle views?

Or RMB click on the top of the comp panel (where it shows Source Name) and select which columns to show?

Or click the first icon in the bottom most left of the Comp panel to toggle Layers switches?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Apr 10, 2018 at 11:02:20 am

So is this the kind of situation where AE no longer recognizes the codec of the video but is still ok with the Audio? I would have thought it wouldn't like the file at all if one element weren't compatible. And these days, with everyone (unfortunately) using mp4s as source, often the audio is muxed with the video so they become kinda inseparable.
Are you in fact using the AE2018 update released the other day? (as Dave hinted at).
Try bringing that footage into a new project new composition and see what you get.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]