FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects CRASHING on Precompose and Preferences. WILL NOT INSTALL AFTER UNINSTALLING

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Austin
After Effects CRASHING on Precompose and Preferences. WILL NOT INSTALL AFTER UNINSTALLING
on Apr 7, 2018 at 6:23:42 am

I tried exporting a composition from Ae into Media Encoder and dynamic link was not working. I assumed this was simply because Ae was not fully updated to the most recent version. After updating, almost all of my installed plugins were not working so I reinstalled to the previous Ae version. This did not solve anything so I manually installed every plugin again. After restarting my pc several times, and several times deleting and reinstalling, Ae finally loaded the plugins but with the error message saying that I had duplicate plugins installed. Another warning popped up saying that Adobe_Fast_Blur was not installed and Ae shutdown. After checking to see that it was in fact installed, I reinstalled again and deleted the duplicate plugins, then restarted my pc. This finally worked but several issues still occurred. The error that stated that my plugins were duplicated still popped up while opening up the preferences panel, clearing media and disk cache, or precomposing any layer would crash Ae. The fix was to delete my system preferences anytime I wanted to change Ae preferences and restart Ae but this was barely a way to fix to this issue and still didn't solve the main problem of precomposing or clearing my disk and media cache from Ae. I uninstalled Ae for the last time and reinstalled under a previous version and now I am unable to even install Ae. I recieved the following error code from Adobe:

Exit Code: 184
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 184) executing in command 'MoveFileCommand' for package: 'AdobeAfterEffects15AllTrial', version:15.1.0.166
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeAfterEffects15AllTrial Version: 15.1.0.166). Error code: '184'
WARN: Unable to move file at "Z:\adobeTemp\ETR880E.tmp\1\universal\Professional\Support Files\adobe_caps.dll" to "Z:\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2018\Support Files\adobe_caps.dll" Error 32 The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.. Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the temp file is appearing hidden on my drive, it contains no files after installation failure and adobe_caps.dll exists within a different folder then mentioned in the error log. My only conclusion would be to delete adobe_caps.dll as a clean install should repair it even if it went missing because I deleted it but I'm afraid it would only conflict farther into this issue. Another interesting side note is that after uninstalling, a large majority, if not all of my files remained intact while any .exe links were destroyed. Creative Cloud does also like to install programs onto my secondary HDD despite setting the default location to install on the relevant HDD I actually need it on (This happens from time to time). I'll link pictures as well but I have no clue what to do, as I've tried everything to get Ae to run properly.

2018-04-07.png
2018-04-071.png
2018-04-068.png
2018-04-067.png
2018-04-065.png

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: After Effects CRASHING on Precompose and Preferences. WILL NOT INSTALL AFTER UNINSTALLING
on Apr 8, 2018 at 1:06:47 am

The pre-compose crash has been documented. This crash occurs when you use the Contextual Menu (right click) to precompose. Additionally, this issue only happens when you right-click on the Timeline's layer stem area.

The other workaround is to use the PreCompose shortcut or the Main Menu (Layer>Precompose).

PathSlicer - Advanced AE Shape Layer Effect
http://www.broadcastgems.com/pathSlicer
- create highly customizable custom animated typefaces
- create amazing transitions
- create cool lower 3rds and panels
- create burst effects
Do it all on a single Shape layer with minimal keyframes.

TypeGEMs - The Most Complete Type Tool Effect for AE
http://www.broadcastgems.com/typegems/

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
BorisFX mocha Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]