FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding fx to a paint stroke?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasford Muldoon
adding fx to a paint stroke?
on Apr 7, 2018 at 4:17:27 am

hey there i have drawn on some sketchy paint lines and need to add some fx like posterize time and pseudo colour to it, how can i do that when the paint strokes are an effect on my clip and not a separate layer that i can add stuff to?

thanks
jasford

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: adding fx to a paint stroke?
on Apr 7, 2018 at 7:41:23 am

You can precomposed them of course and then apply whatever you want to that precomp. You can copy and paste the strokes if you need to separate them out in to different layers.
Each paint stroke has keyframes on it so you can "posterize" time as you would with an enable time remapping "effect".
If you have AE 2017 or later you can now access the nodes on splines individually and with that you have a lot of control over the "stroke".

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Apr 7, 2018 at 3:10:15 pm

thank you steve, how do i pre compose the stroke without pre composing the whole clip

Thanks
jasford

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Apr 7, 2018 at 6:29:12 pm

Make a copy of the layer with the paint strokes. Precomp that (Layer menu/precompose/move all attribute to new comp)
Then inside the precomp on the layer with the paint, twirl open the attributes and go into the effects/paint and turn on "paint on transparent"
In the outer comp, delete the paint effect. Put the precomp layer on top of the plain layer. Now you have strokes on their own sitting on top of the image on its own. Apply effects as needed.

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
on Apr 7, 2018 at 10:01:38 pm

Thanks steve great answer

thanks
Jasford

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]