FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vertical / horizontal distortion fixing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
André Mascarenhas
Vertical / horizontal distortion fixing
on Apr 6, 2018 at 10:06:17 am

Hi there,

I'm looking for a distortion corrector for vertical and horizontal lines - something like DXO View Point's but for video (https://shop.dxo.com/us/photo-software/dxo-viewpoint).
Does such a plugin exists for video at all? I know that should be very processing heavy since every frame would need to be considerably affected, and I haven't found anything in my research. Still, worth asking ☺

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Vertical / horizontal distortion fixing
on Apr 6, 2018 at 5:40:52 pm

There are a couple of approaches depending on footage.

First there's the Optics Compensation under Distort. This one is to help overcome lens distortion imparted on the footage by particular cinema lenses. (you can also use it to impart a distortion on footage so it looks like it was shot with a real lens).

The second way is the bezier warp tool. Both these solutions assume there is an overall warp to the image that needs correcting.

The last way is more fine-tooth-comb. - the reshape effect. You place paths across the image that match your distorted geometry and then duplicate those paths and reshape them so they are right.
None of these add significant time to the render.

There are also the mesh deformer and corner pin effects but both of these are either annoying to use or produce a softer image than they should. CC corner pin or Power pIn produces a much superior image.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]