FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering stops, running out of possible solutions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guillaume Jaecques
Rendering stops, running out of possible solutions
on Apr 2, 2018 at 7:57:58 am

I’m having troubles with rendering an AE comp and I’m starting run out of options on how to solve it. Here’s what I’ve done so far:

1) increased the RAM space available for AE (I have 16 GB and set the RAM for other applications to 3 GB, the lowest I can go)
2) increased the max disk cache size to 80 GB (I currently have 112 GB available from the 465 GB (SSD))
3) rendered with AE in AVI, Quicktime and as a TIFF-sequence
4) rendered in AME in AVI and H264
5) export it via dynamic link in PP to H264, with and without CUDA

My PC information:
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.40 GHz
64-bit, x64-processor

Graphics Card:
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 3GB

The composition basically exists of an earth that consists of 3 4k images, going from nighttime to daytime and then showing a series of images that circle the earth.
I did notice it always stops at the same time, around when the sun comes up. Which is a keyframed glow effect (working in 16 bpc).

Don’t know what I can do to fix it? Does somebody have any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Rendering stops, running out of possible solutions
on Apr 2, 2018 at 11:29:57 am

Since glow effects sounds like the problem, maybe render lossless without glow effect, and then do a comp with glow effect only for final output.

That failing, replace glow effect with a different solution, such as fast blur on duplicate layer, curved darker and composited in add or screen mode.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Rendering stops, running out of possible solutions
on Apr 2, 2018 at 12:46:22 pm

If you turn everything on and do a full frame preview, you can pin point what exactly is crashing the render pipeline. Keep turning layers/effects on and off until you find out what it is. Come back when you do.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]