FORUMS: list search recent posts

Waveform Spectrogram?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juneyong Park
Waveform Spectrogram?
on Mar 31, 2018 at 8:01:44 am

So recently I've been making a short typography video. It's a short promotion of our school band.

The thing is, I am used to using Aegisub, and having less than a month of After Effects experience I'm still pretty much annoyed with the waveform view. Using waveform I need to play it again and again to achieve that perfect sync- spectrogram makes it so much easier to do things since it tells me visually what instruments come in at what parts.

Is there some sort of spectrogram feature in After Effects?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Waveform Spectrogram?
on Mar 31, 2018 at 6:39:41 pm

NO! Audition is for AUDIO. After Effects is for VIDEO. If you want to replicate the look, you must make frame grabs, frame-by-frame. It is physically possible to do this, but it is extremely tedious.

What you want to do is certainly NOT automatic. Give it up.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 2, 2018 at 4:55:58 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Apr 2, 2018 at 5:08:14 pm

I need to read more closely. Sorry about that.

AE does not have a similar spectral view. It only has a crummy-looking waveform view. But you need to know that AE really sucks at audio, whereas Audition's great at it.

Even so, people have been animating to audio in AE for years by scrubbing audio and using markers to identify key places in the audio. It may not be your favorite way of doing it, but it does work.

Your alternatives to scrubbing and marking are AE's Convert Audio To Keyframes and a third-party plugin you buy, Trapcode Sound Keys. If you want things to happen in AE at specific times and not on a rhythmic basis, these are likely not to do the trick for you.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Apr 2, 2018 at 7:28:45 am

No spectrogram display in AE, but you can edit audio to video in Audition, which has that display option.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]