FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects CC 2018 won't render past a certain time point.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katherine Ryan
After Effects CC 2018 won't render past a certain time point.
on Mar 30, 2018 at 9:05:05 pm

Hi all, I'm having a problem rendering in after effects despite it usually working perfectly.

my problem:
I recently finished my edit in After Effects and add continued to Composition > Add to render queue as usual. My settings are best settings (pretty sure it's default) and my output module is quicktime (H.264) since it is an mp4 file. I then click render and it gets to 4.05 seconds and then pauses for around 30 seconds and continues to say render failed. I have tried multiple options and I even moved one of my clips that was in that time frame and rendered then and it still wouldn't render, proving that it was not the clips issue.

I have after effects on my acer (windows) laptop. Also, my composition settings are 1280 x 720 and the duration I set it to is a minute however the clips only came to 32 seconds.

If I have missed any information out please tell me and I will reply back. Thank you and all help will be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jim Arco
Re: After Effects CC 2018 won't render past a certain time point.
on Mar 31, 2018 at 1:05:46 pm

I have found that renders that fail at the exact same point are usually related to memory issues. Often times it is insufficient space on the destination drive.

Jim

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 31, 2018 at 6:15:55 pm

The way some compressed files (like MP4) are encoded creates virtual frames (this is a gross oversimplification) . So if you are using these compressed files as source for your footage, AE can get stuck on these unusual frames.
If you can try exporting the Mp4 from quicktime or some other conversions software into a non compressed format - like animation Best or AVI uncompressed, then use that as your source in AE and see if it will render past that point.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 31, 2018 at 6:32:39 pm

We don't know the PRECISE version numbers of OS and AE, which is important.

It could also be that you have a corrupted media file at the point where the render goes south... but again, we don't know.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 31, 2018 at 6:39:12 pm

Or it could just be the 2018 memory issue. Its finally become habit for us any time we see something odd in 2018 to just purge call caches and that solves the problem 50% of the time.
There is an update for 2018 but we haven't seen an improvement in the cache issue.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 31, 2018 at 6:51:48 pm

...which means 2018 is still a piece of crap.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]