FORUMS: list search recent posts

Iron fist Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergej Glacier
Iron fist Effect
on Mar 28, 2018 at 6:56:16 am

hey guys, i am trying to replicate the iron fist effect, and i have some problem with movements, if the filmed person has hand prefectly still, the effect looks good, but if he is moving his hands the texture from mask is not moving, i mean is it not possible to parent the texture to a mask path somehow , i am strugling with this for days now

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Iron fist Effect
on Mar 28, 2018 at 7:11:49 am

Can you track the hand (or some details on the hand) and make the mask and the texture move with the hand? Usually with these kinds of shots the hand doesn't really change that much so you don't need to rotoscope the hand frame after frame. So the "still" mask layer AND the texture layer could probably follow along with the tracking data and that will glue the texture to the hand. You may also need to track the rotation - when people move they tend to pivot around a joint and not just move in the X and Y only.

Return to posts index

Sergej Glacier
on Mar 28, 2018 at 7:34:01 am

Thank you for your help, i tracked the hand with Mocha AE, but whe i export tracking data and paste it, it is not at the exact same spot as the hand, but in mocha is perfect, and when i export shape data i get the prefect mask, but i cannot glue the texture and mask together so when hand moves you dont see the change of texture,

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 28, 2018 at 8:08:10 am

You could probably just track it in the built in tracker. But does the tracked layer move with the hand but just offset? If so you could just shift its anchor point over until it matches position and then it will be offset for the whole clip.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 28, 2018 at 8:09:33 am

You can pass the texture through the mask using a track matte and then apply the tracking data to both mask layer and texture layer, or better still apply the track data to the texture layer and then parent the mask layer to the texture layer so it follows along.

Return to posts index

Sergej Glacier
on Mar 28, 2018 at 9:36:17 am

Thank you for your help, you gave me something to think about, and that helped me to get to my solution, i made a small mistake and nothing worked because of that, the problem was in align the surface option for Mocha AE, exported tracking data was a succes, but i still have the problem with the mask, if i export tracking data i only get the data for tracker and mask, but the mask i need to draw it myself again, i need to try export the shape data, maybe it will be better

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]