FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mute and unmute effects on the go

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Telion Fondrad
Mute and unmute effects on the go
on Mar 28, 2018 at 6:50:14 am

I don't know how to call this so it might be a reason why I can't find a solution. All I need is to disable and enable effects on the timeline when needed since I am just adding additional effects to the already rendered project. Is that possible to make that this way or I must split all the scenes in my video and apply effects to those which need it?

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Mute and unmute effects on the go
on Mar 28, 2018 at 2:40:13 pm

Yes..you see your layer has the motion blur option and the 3d option...well see that fx symbol. if you uncheck it, all the effects on that layers are turned off.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 28, 2018 at 3:57:17 pm

"Scenes"?

Your comp has scenes in it?

AE was never intended to work effectively that way. Please describe what you're doing -- there's probably a better alternative to AE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Telion Fondrad
on Mar 28, 2018 at 6:17:08 pm

My bad, hard to describe for me.

I have already rendered video. Some compilation of stuff. Not I want to use AAE to add shake effect to some part of it(keyword: some parts) and to change lighting/colors on other parts. I can just split the rendered video into pieces which is probably what I need to do and add effects separately to each one of them. But I am curious if that is possible to do the other way.

So, for example, I have only 1 source on my timeline, I want the shake effect work from 0 to 10th seconds and then mute, after which unmute for another 10 seconds at the 30th second of video.

I guess this should make it much more clear to answer the question.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Mar 28, 2018 at 6:57:08 pm

okay..do you know how to make the wiggle expression then tie the values to a slider control? then you could animate the slider to control the wiggle

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 28, 2018 at 10:42:29 pm

[Telion Fondrad] "I have already rendered video. Some compilation of stuff. Not I want to use AAE to add shake effect to some part of it(keyword: some parts)....."

I think you may have made extra work for yourself by compiling the clips first. It's best to do the compiling in an editing application like Premiere Pro. Then you can duplicate the PP edit timeline, delete the clips that DON'T need work, and then import the duplicated timeline into AE via Dynamic Link.

You can work on individual clips in their own AE comps, then use Adobe Media Encoder to export all the comps at one time to re-import into PP. It's very easy to replace the old shots with the new ones, and you're ready for final export from PP. You do a minimum of rendering that way, so it's a lot faster.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Telion Fondrad
on Mar 28, 2018 at 11:01:21 pm

Well, you're definitely right and I always knew that's the way to go. But I am used to Sony Vegas from very past and the project was already started there. Now I am just looking for the best way to make it work here. I am sure will do future projects in Premiere Pro, I discovered some interesting functionalities and benefits of using it too but right now I need to do work with what I have ☺

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]