FORUMS: list search recent posts

Uniform tab comps?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Garabedain
Uniform tab comps?
on Mar 26, 2018 at 7:35:24 pm

In the last version ...or at least a while ago the Tabs of all my compositions would be uniform..i loved it..i couldnt see the full names but they were all evenly spaced...but now the full names are back and it takes me forever to close all the other comps i have open. Is this something I did in the preferences or something adobe did?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Uniform tab comps?
on Mar 26, 2018 at 8:17:46 pm

Hi Richard, I've complained about this multi length tab thing for years. Closing multiples was a pain due to size differences and missing that microscopic close X button (Adobe does realize that while they have twiddled their thumbs monitors increased their resolutions right?).
But its much better with the new, right click "close all but this one" feature. In previous versions (gain back to at least CS4) the tabs in my comps were the length of the name of the comp and not a uniform one. They did have a max length though and if you named something too long they might all appear to have been the same length with the extra text of the name hidden. But "Comp1" was well below this limit so those ones would be shorter.
What drove me nuts what that horizontal scroller above the tabs that was so thin it was hard to hit if you were working at speed. The new listing on the far right replaces it but I'm not sure if its any better.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Mar 26, 2018 at 10:50:33 pm

That is much better...How did i never know about this...Thank you.

:)

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 28, 2018 at 8:29:44 am

With the new layout you can also just sit on the left of your timeline window, at the left side of that first tab and hit the close button and every tab will chunk back to sit right where the last one was with the close button right under you mouse. Click, CLick, Click, all closed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]