FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weight maps for particular/form, or something similar.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Pedraza
Weight maps for particular/form, or something similar.
on Mar 23, 2018 at 3:38:57 pm
Last Edited By Martin Pedraza on Mar 23, 2018 at 3:46:45 pm

I'm in need of your collective wisdom.

So, i need to wrangle a particle system into a specific shape. At the border, the particles should scatter and lose density, like so:

https://f1.creativecow.net/12290/couch

I was thinking about using layer maps with form, but the scattering tends to be a bit too much, or very little on those. Maybe exporting some objs from cinema to fill? How do i go around telling form or particular to taper off the production of particles at the edges? Maybe element3d could be of help here?

Thanks a bunch!

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Weight maps for particular/form, or something similar.
on Mar 23, 2018 at 9:49:57 pm

particular allows you to use a layer as an emitter. it determines where the particles will emit from based on the alpha of the layer (opaque areas emit particles, transparent areas don't).

so for your example, you could use couch shaped layer to emit a custom particle that is the word 'bla', and it might get you close.

having 2 (or more) particle systems with different layer emitters would allow you to have different particle behaviors... so if you were to use simple choker on one of the layer emitters to change alpha area, you could change the birthrate (or speed, size, etc) of those particles and layer that with the other particle system(s) to get the look you are after....

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]