FORUMS: list search recent posts

Element 3D How to Align 2 objects by a given face or stick two object faces together

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Landers
Element 3D How to Align 2 objects by a given face or stick two object faces together
on Mar 22, 2018 at 4:41:54 am

Does anyone know of a convenient way to align two faces of say... two cubes... meaning stick the top of one cube to the bottom of another cube with ease? I want o align or stick several cubes together and I wanted to use element but was surprised when I couldnt find any visible way to do this...

Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Trav

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: Element 3D How to Align 2 objects by a given face or stick two object faces together
on Mar 22, 2018 at 5:05:02 am
Last Edited By Mark Whitney on Mar 22, 2018 at 5:11:28 am

[Travis Landers] "Am I missing something?"

Apparently you are.

I suggest you review the basics of the Particle Replicator and Look.

http://www.videocopilot.net/docs/element2/animating_3d_objects/particle_rep...

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/3d_replicator/

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Element 3D How to Align 2 objects by a given face or stick two object faces together
on Mar 22, 2018 at 9:39:32 pm

from two different groups? or in the same group...i imagine different otherise the answer is easy...and any 2 sides..or 2 specific sides...i mean...the animation engine might work for you..Tell us what your doing exactly...is the only way this works...i know

Return to posts index

Travis Landers
on Mar 23, 2018 at 4:00:14 pm

Well originally I meant from one group.... Actually I knew nothing about the particle replicator.... i just looked up align two objects and didnt get much search love...

Now seeing how it works... I would indeed like to have two groups or more and line them up side by side...

I am thinking I can replicate my planes then use nulls like I saw in a vid to place one plane of cubes directly next to the other...

Ultimately I have kind of a complex final plane made of smaller groups in mind.... no photoshop now to make a pic but basically four squares that are cut by strips... i tried to represent it with numbers below... each number is a different texture type

So in that i have 7 different textures... above is how I think I could do what I want and I guess i just use the replicator with multiple groups and “stick” them together using nulls BUT...

really I just want a plane of cubes and be able to change any cubes texture whenever I want... that would be awesome. So I could highlight strips or individual blocks or whatever.

I realize this is kind of abstract from the original question. There is no doubt the replicator can get me a plane of cubes that are aligned well... so that is great. However, perhaps there is even a better way to get to where I want.

Thanks Mark Whitney

New to element and 3d so cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]