FORUMS: list search recent posts

If I have something rendering in AME can I render in After Effects something else at the same time?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glen Jennings
If I have something rendering in AME can I render in After Effects something else at the same time?
on Mar 20, 2018 at 6:06:07 pm

I've got a comp sent to Adobe Media Encoder that is rendering currently. I opened a different project in After Effects and need to render something else directly in After Effects while the AME render is going. Will this cause any issues in my AME render?

I'm concerned because the comp that's rendering in AME is a long render. I just wonder if opening up another project and rendering a different comp directly in the After Effects Queue will cause some sort of disruption to the Dynamic Link?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

If you can't tell a tale tall then it's not a tale at all.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: If I have something rendering in AME can I render in After Effects something else at the same time?
on Mar 20, 2018 at 6:19:52 pm

Depends on the version of AE. If its CS5.5's and before (and maybe even CS6) memory management was horrible and it could leak into other apps or not release ram for other apps that were taking lots of ram themselves.
But in the newer versions you should be fine. Things won't run as fast and the compress will take longer than it would normally but go for it.
You can also change the memory management in AE to allow the other apps to have a bit more of the Ram pie.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: If I have something rendering in AME can I render in After Effects something else at the same time?
on Mar 20, 2018 at 6:57:04 pm

AE, AME, PPro and I believe PS share the same memory pool - so it's pointless to allocate more memory to other apps should you want to render in AME while concurrently running AE. When you render in AME, AME creates a duplicate of the AEP. This effectively allows you to even continue working on the same AEP that you sent for render in AME - a bit pointless but that's how independent the render/AEP in AME is, from the AEP in AE.

Whether you should render concurrently is a BIG Q - you'll be pushing the limits of your machine for sure. If you live to tell the tale, then please let us know; and include the specifics of the renders. ;-)

PathSlicer - Advanced AE Shape Layer Effect
http://www.broadcastgems.com/pathSlicer
- create highly customizable custom animated fonts
- create amazing transitions
- create cool lower 3rds and panels
- create burst effects
Do it all on a single Shape layer with minimal keyframes.

TypeGEMs - The Most Compete Type Tool Effect for AE
http://www.broadcastgems.com/typegems/

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
BorisFX mocha Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Mar 21, 2018 at 9:11:31 am

a few people on adobe.com have reported slightly faster exports when doing half and half image sequence renders. I don't have exact percentage though. a long time ago render simultaneous frames worked in render farms but was tricky to set up the watch folders.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]