FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dashed Trim paths – Don't want line to dance

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naoko Hara
Dashed Trim paths – Don't want line to dance
on Mar 20, 2018 at 3:06:58 am

I'm using trim paths to draw lines on and off but Start makes the lines dance/has the marching ants effect.
Is there a way (some kind of expression?) to get rid of this marching ants effect?

Help!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Dashed Trim paths – Don't want line to dance
on Mar 20, 2018 at 6:19:34 am

That shouldn't be happening. Are you animating the path? changing the number of points over time?
You could try animating the offset in syncwith your start to finish animation but again, I don't see this problem here in V2018

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 20, 2018 at 6:26:18 am

Oh I see what you are doing now. To keep the dashes in place you have to use the "end" to change where the line ends as it draws on. You can use the "start" to draw lines on or off but you have to use the same animation curve or keyframes in the offset attribute too so that as the start position moves along the line the dashes get offset by the same amount.
Normally you rewind the "end" attribute to zero, set a keyframe and the later in time set the "end" to a higher number and the line will draw on with no displacement of dashes.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 20, 2018 at 6:43:12 am

Then you can use the "start" attribute to retract the line so that its tail gets eaten up as it disappears. Think of it as the start point being fixed and the "end" of the line extends outwards as it grows.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]