FORUMS: list search recent posts

solving 3D tracking with lots of motion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jayson palmer
solving 3D tracking with lots of motion
on Mar 18, 2018 at 2:52:51 pm

I have a 1 minute long clip from a sci fi film. the director originally wanted an orb of light floating around, but now he wants light trails (like Tron light cycles). The problem is the scene was not set up to be shot that way. It's hand help and swings around a room to focus on each actor.

Any suggestion on the best way to track with the 3D camera when there are multiple sections with lots of camera blur?

I've tried recreating the camera movement with a 3D on my own without the tracker, but it's pretty bad with the rotation, tilt and other actions happening. I have also tried dumping it into Cinema 4D and using their cameras. I got the best results there, so far, but it is still not good.

I'm stuck.

Also, I'm using Trapcode Particular with a light emitter.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: solving 3D tracking with lots of motion
on Mar 18, 2018 at 3:59:06 pm

It really depends on the shots. You may need a proper 3D tracker like Boujou or FP track. Motion blur can be a nightmare with trackers. Often we'll overcrank the camera to get a good track and then skipprint the footage and add the motion blur back in.
You can also try crushing the values of the shot for your tracking element - sometimes this will reduce the blur and you can track the blobs that result.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: solving 3D tracking with lots of motion
on Mar 18, 2018 at 4:32:18 pm

I hope it is obvious you have to track the shots separately. You should then link each camera solve to a Null - use the Null as a central object/layer to link the different shots. You'll have to look at the different shots and then think of the best way to link them all together, with the Null.

You will very likely have to delete keyframes from the start/end of each solve; and use the Null to keyframe Transforms, to link the different shots. I hope this makes sense.

PathSlicer - Advanced AE Shape Layer Effect
http://www.broadcastgems.com/pathSlicer
- create highly customizable custom animated fonts
- create amazing transitions
- create cool lower 3rds and panels
- create burst effects
Do it all on a single Shape layer with minimal keyframes.

TypeGEMs - The Most Compete Type Tool Effect for AE
http://www.broadcastgems.com/typegems/

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
BorisFX mocha Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]