FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting bezier handles coordinates from value graph

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Riccardo Cavasin
Exporting bezier handles coordinates from value graph
on Mar 17, 2018 at 9:07:16 pm

Hi, I'd like to export the value graph's handles x y position, to recreate the exact bezier curve in a css animation.

For example, here's a bezier curve in ae,

And here's my attempts to guess the curve using Ceaser:

or in cubic-bezier

It draws a cubic bezier from the hadles' positions, on a 0-1 scale.
Can I retrieve the exact handle location from ae?
Or generate an expression from a custom cubic bezier from inside ae?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Exporting bezier handles coordinates from value graph
on Mar 17, 2018 at 10:01:28 pm

I don't know of any way to do it natively, but Flow from AEscripts.com does let you copy values. It also lets you create easing by expressions, so it might do what you want.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Riccardo Cavasin
on Mar 17, 2018 at 11:13:11 pm

Thank you for your answer
I find rather disappointing that after effects doesn't provide that functionality natively, as I started using it mainly to create prototypes of web animations.
That plugin surely provides enough functionalities to justify the 30$ price, but I wouldn't use them, I just need to pull out literally two couples of values from my animation,
and if I really can't, that means that I'll have to redo all my work from scratch, making the ae animation absolutely useless

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 18, 2018 at 3:53:50 pm

While not exporting the handle data you can attache an expression to your attribute (pos, rot etc) and then tell AE to turn the expression in to keyframes. From there you can copy the keyframes and paste them into a spread sheet. Then you can scale that data any way you like and keep the easing that came from the handles. Then copy and paste that shifted or scaled data back into AE on an attribute that can take the same type of data.

Not ideal I know but all doable inside AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]