FORUMS: list search recent posts

NEW plugin coming - Colorify - Take control of your colors - After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gonçalo Silva
NEW plugin coming - Colorify - Take control of your colors - After Effects
on Mar 17, 2018 at 12:20:22 pm

Colorify

I made this plugin to manage color inside After Effects in an easier and faster way to remain focused on creating.

Known Compatibility : from CC 2015 to CC 2018

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: NEW plugin coming - Colorify - Take control of your colors - After Effects
on Mar 17, 2018 at 10:05:29 pm

Is this a plugin or a script?

It looks very, very similar to the Ray Dynamic Color 2 script from AEscripts.com. https://aescripts.com/ray-dynamic-color/
In what ways is yours different?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Gonçalo Silva
on Mar 17, 2018 at 11:49:30 pm

I like to call it a plugin cause it has an interface and it is made of different parts that work together, but you can call it what you want I guess it doesn't matter much. Oh yeah, in fact I really like that plugin. I'm not a programmer at all , but I took that issue of managing colors in After effects that bugs me too much and I tryed to make something more easy to use. I believe that is far less complex/complete than Ray Dynamic Color 2. This plugin/script applies effects to layers according with his type and it uses layers.comment, so you stay informed about what layer is linked to what color palette. And my plugin/script has a limit of five colors per layer. From what I saw about Ray Dynamic Color 2 , it doesn't has this limitation.

I'm trying to make a video tutorial showing how to use it (or how I use it), so you can test it then and see if you find something interesting on that tool.
Normally this week I'll write a new post and put a link to the download page on gumroad I guess.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Mar 18, 2018 at 4:27:42 pm

There is absolutely nothing wrong with plugins or scripts or Extensions being similar.

There are scumbags who have accused me of ripping off other scripts only to start selling even more similar products than others I have developed!!! Colors, Shape Layers, Text Layers, LUTs/ColorFX etc etc etc, all, can provide similar results. If the UI is different and even if they provide identical results in all use-cases, the one with a better price and/or is more performant at the same price; should be the better product.

A different UI will invariably allow a user to create different effects. And just because someone came to market earlier doesn't mean they were first with the idea. Not everyone has the time to develop products. And it has never been about a race, to market first.

There is this destructive mentality going around for a long while that anyone that comes out, first, with a poorly executed product should monopolize market share, perpetually - and amazingly, this extends to highly versatile tools such as Text Layers, Shape Layers, LUTs/ColorFX.

PathSlicer - Advanced AE Shape Layer Effect
http://www.broadcastgems.com/pathSlicer
- create highly customizable custom animated fonts
- create amazing transitions
- create cool lower 3rds and panels
- create burst effects
Do it all on a single Shape layer with minimal keyframes.

TypeGEMs - The Most Compete Type Tool Effect for AE
http://www.broadcastgems.com/typegems/

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
BorisFX mocha Certified Instructor

Return to posts index

Gonçalo Silva
on Apr 1, 2018 at 7:39:53 pm

Here is the script

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>