FORUMS: list search recent posts

Projection Mapping Template

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Platt
Projection Mapping Template
on Mar 15, 2018 at 11:21:24 pm

Hi, I'm an intermediate level After Effects user and am trying to create more complex projection mapping shows through Avolites Ai. I'm looking for a synopsis on how you'd go about creating a template and canvas size for effects generated in the following video:

How do they make separate stroke and color effects for each individual shape? Masks and shape layers I assume? Any help or resources are appreciated.

Thank You,
Matt

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Projection Mapping Template
on Mar 20, 2018 at 8:22:47 pm

at what point in time are you asking about in the video?

Return to posts index

Matt Platt
on Mar 21, 2018 at 2:35:31 pm

Really just the overall template for the design. How would you go about starting this project? In the first 10 seconds each piece of geometry off to the sides has its own mask or shape layer it seems with separate stroke and other effects. I really just want to know what design considerations you would make to go about working on a project like this.

Thanks,
Matt

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Mar 21, 2018 at 6:28:45 pm

I dont think its as complicated as you think...in the first 10 seconds i see 3 stock footage clips of squares doing a bunch of rotations and a little unfolding at the start... then they are just masked out using simple shapes.. It really does not look like the animation was tailored for this specific presentation. But just the masks kept throughout the whole video and the way the blocks are set up on stage to give it more depth

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]