FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create own animated icon library

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seb Neu
Create own animated icon library
on Mar 14, 2018 at 10:54:05 am

Hi!

There are plenty of "animation libraries" available for download but I couldn't find any information on how to build one myself.

I like to use f.e. animated arrows in more than one project, so having a cloud folder with these presets would be ideal. I think this should be easy with a Dropbox folder of some sorts.

Is there a script or plugin or built-in feature that allows doing that?

Thank you very much,
Sebastian

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Create own animated icon library
on Mar 14, 2018 at 3:36:00 pm

You can certainly make animated icons in AE. They just won't work the way you hope.

AE is capable of making rendered, completed animation files ONLY. They're intended to only be used in other applications, you can't embed any kind of code in them and they can in no way be interactive -- you must create the interactivity in another application.

If you can work within these restrictions, knock yourself out!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Mar 16, 2018 at 8:13:49 pm

You could either save an .aep in your cloud files containing a bunch of animations you know you're likely to use.
And/or you could make an animation preset on a shape layer and save a whole folder full of presets.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Mar 17, 2018 at 1:01:33 am

There's a r-e-a-l-l-y old set of tools called MicroAngelo that should do what you're looking for.
http://www.microangelo.us/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]