FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to animate group of people to create a shape

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Khalil Chikh
Need to animate group of people to create a shape
on Mar 12, 2018 at 1:05:12 pm

Hello everyone,

I not too new to after effects, I have mede some movies, but I have new challenge now, I need to create moving 3d people to create different shapes, so those people will move randomly then they will gather to a shape of arrow (for example), then will move again to create another shape and so on. like the image below:

I am looking for an effect or plugin can help me do this in an easy way.

Thank you

Khalil

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: Need to animate group of people to create a shape
on Mar 12, 2018 at 6:27:00 pm

Don't know if it would meet all of your requirements & you'd have to have each person on a seperate layer, but you might want to look at Pastiche.

https://aescripts.com/pastiche/

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 12, 2018 at 8:39:54 pm

Well, it's stock footage. You could always buy it.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Spencer Tweed
on Mar 15, 2018 at 9:50:51 pm

[Dave LaRonde] "Well, it's stock footage. You could always buy it."

That's a still image provided as an example...

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 15, 2018 at 12:35:57 am

You can also get there with Particular. But with Pastiche or Particular or any 2D (2.5D) plug in you will have an issue. If it's the classic SIM look of isometric people you are after and they have a walk cycle associated with them, the perspective will only work if they walk on that angle for their entire "life" as they journey towards or away from their target point on the logo. For most particle systems that's going to be tough to keep that vector of movement consistent and correct for each persons correct angle. (you might need a different particle system for each specific angle of a set grouping of instances of people - but then you are going to have overlapping collisions issues.)
Element 3D could do this too and you would have the advantage of as-near-to-true-3D as you can get in AE but you would have to have animated 3D people to start with. But the 3D aspect of Element would get rid of the need for perfect vectors for the people.
How we normally do this is in a 3D package with a plugin/program like Massive that is built for crowd simulation. C4D's mograph could also do this with an animated set of people to clone. The beauty of Massive is that the clones are kind of built in.

Return to posts index

Spencer Tweed
on Mar 15, 2018 at 9:54:21 pm

I'm usually one of the last people to say this, but I don't think it is really possible just in AE... At least not if you're looking for any sort of accuracy. I did see this music video a while back that used a bunch of .obj sequences or a walk cycle, which was rendered in AE using Element 3D, however there's no way to make that form multiple shapes. If you wanted a single shape I'd suggest a particle system that starts emitting from a mask and disperses, then maybe playing it in reverse. However there's just no good way to do multiple shapes.

A true 3D crowd tool would be able to do this relatively easily however. Golaem is quite powerful and in relation to the competition easy to use. There's probably even a preset for something like this. But that's on a whole other level than just After Effects...

- Spencer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]