FORUMS: list search recent posts

Does more RAM will speed up the exporting time of hd video in adobe premiere pro cs6?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Freda Yeo
Does more RAM will speed up the exporting time of hd video in adobe premiere pro cs6?
on Mar 10, 2018 at 6:37:07 am

My video is mts format (AVCHD) 1hr 5min long, it run smoothly no need to render (not see the yellow line in timeline), I just do some edt add title and transition, after that i try export to mpeg2 format 1440x1080, 1pass, Target 15, but it take about 53min to finish the exporting. I already checked "Use Previews" while exporting. I want increase the speed of exporting time, so add More RAM can speed up a bit ?
My Computer Specification:
Windows 7 64bit OS
Intel Core i5 7400 3Ghz
Memory: 8Gb RAM (2 x 4gb)
Geforce GTX 1060 OC 6gb
3 hdd (2x1tb & 1x500gb)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Does more RAM will speed up the exporting time of hd video in adobe premiere pro cs6?
on Mar 10, 2018 at 4:16:41 pm

To answer your question, 16 GB would be better.
Now I ask a question -- what are you using AE for with an hour-plus clip?

One minute is a long time in AE. You may be using the wrong application. This is why I ask.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Does more RAM will speed up the exporting time of hd video in adobe premiere pro cs6?
on Mar 10, 2018 at 11:29:56 pm

Dave,

It looks like he misposted in the AE forum, which prompted your very applicable question. His original question was about RAM for Premiere Pro.

Return to posts index

Freda Yeo
on Mar 11, 2018 at 1:33:35 am

Sorry, is " Adobe Premiere Pro CS6", not After effect, so add more RAM will speed up exporting time of " Premiere Pro HD video?"
And i have one more question about "After Effect", i saw a post maybe is other website, it said to speed up the exporting time of the After Effect project is better render the effect timeline first then just go exporting, but i cannot render the whole timeline (some heavy effect about 30 second) , so is upgrade the RAM will be solve this problem or any other setting to speed up exporting time?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]