FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a hotkey for Text animators (to pull them up on the timeline) or how do I customize keyboard

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt chapman
Is there a hotkey for Text animators (to pull them up on the timeline) or how do I customize keyboard
on Mar 6, 2018 at 9:37:36 pm

Hi all-
I'm working in AE CC2017, I can't update because we have other people on the project using 2017.

Where do I assign hotkeys (customize keyboard). Everything I read says it is in the EDIT menu but I don't see it.

Alternatively, is there a hotkey (like "T" for opacity) that can bring up TEXT animator keyframes? Specifically I am looking for the RANGE selector. We have about a hundred minutes of text to animate, but I can mostly just copy and paste the text with the reveal, but I need to quickly change the timing. It would be really helpful to get in and out of the range selector quickly.

Thanks
Chapman

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Is there a hotkey for Text animators (to pull them up on the timeline) or how do I customize keyboard
on Mar 6, 2018 at 9:52:02 pm

You can reveal all the keyframes on any layer by highlighting it and hitting the "u" key.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Is there a hotkey for Text animators (to pull them up on the timeline) or how do I customize keyboard
on Mar 6, 2018 at 11:55:43 pm

[matt chapman] "Where do I assign hotkeys (customize keyboard). Everything I read says it is in the EDIT menu but I don't see it."

if your using cc18 then it's in the edit menu, oder versions have a text file that you edit manually... to find it, choose 'preferences' from after effects, goto the general tab and click the 'reveal preferences' button.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]