FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assets Sharing Same Coordinates 3D Space with Lighting Creates Artifacts

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
German Hernandez
Assets Sharing Same Coordinates 3D Space with Lighting Creates Artifacts
on Mar 6, 2018 at 7:30:30 pm

I haven't found any information relevant to this issue, unless I'm describing it incorrectly.

I have flat assets in 3D space with a camera and lighting. One of my assets is a wall with apartment doors, one of them cut out so that a second asset can swing open/closed. I've discovered that the "swing" door asset cannot be on the same coordinate/z-space as any other asset, otherwise with camera movement and lighting, it produces these very odd artifacts throughout any of the camera movement. (See two attached stills, 00700.png and 00710.png).

http://f1.creativecow.net/12227/3d-space-lighting-artifact

I've slightly rectified this by moving my door asset 2 pixels behind the frame on the z-space, but it's proximity to the wall asset still produces some artifacts, (seen in the door.png attachment) and appearing as a series of half circles where that door asset almost touches. I also understand that the spacing could very likely be producing a gradient shadow that is not processing correctly.

I'm using After Effects CC 2018 running at 16bpc on an iMac with a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 32GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX Graphics Card.

I also thought I'd have smoother gradients but have had to resort to using some noise and grain filters to break up banding that has occurred during my renders.

If anyone knows about this and can provide some feedback or suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]