FORUMS: list search recent posts

Masks "stick" in place after auto-trace until their frame appears?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Christian
Masks "stick" in place after auto-trace until their frame appears?
on Mar 6, 2018 at 6:04:01 pm

I've got a weird issue that I can't seem to find solutions for anywhere else. Hope you might be able to help.

I've got a layer of my face masked so just the neck+head shows. It's been keyed out and the threshhold effect has been applied so my head is now pure black/white. I've precomposed this, and what I'm trying to do is to auto-trace it to create "moving masks" of my face. These masks will have the saber effect applied to them, so my face will be recreated out of fire.

Imgur Gallery of screenshots of the issue: https://imgur.com/a/9Frx8

I'm able to auto-trace on luma no problem, but when I do, I get a number of masks appearing that are "stuck" at a frame later on in the video. See screenshots 2 and 3.

The rest of the masks in the video appear and disappear correctly, but every time I auto-trace, a few masks will just stick. I could go through and add a keyframe one frame before the stuck masks and move them out of the frame, but that would be pretty labor-intensive.

Any other ideas? Anything I'm doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Masks "stick" in place after auto-trace until their frame appears?
on Mar 7, 2018 at 4:30:56 pm

Cool idea..it is working nice...Does the sticking actually affect the render though or is it just a memory saving thing? if worse comes to worse you could seperate the masks into different layers..that might help. but also make sure to purge often

Return to posts index

Ty Christian
Re: Masks "stick" in place after auto-trace until their frame appears?
on Mar 7, 2018 at 4:34:56 pm

It does affect the render, because Saber will draw any masks present. So when I'm viewing the first frame of the saber layer, I'll see the correct mask(s) for the frame drawn, as well as like 4-5 other masks that seem to just "stick" there in place until their frame comes along (usually much much later in the video).

Separating the masks wouldn't help, because I'd have to run saber on every layer, and it would still just "stick" until their frame comes along.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]