FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE 2018 and the gradient ramp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Bentley
AE 2018 and the gradient ramp
on Mar 6, 2018 at 9:41:35 am

Is there a known issue with the gradient ramp effect (formerly just Ramp)? I've had to use it a few times over the last few days and I've had also sorts of failures where the effect or the entire layer just doesn't show up. I'm working in 3D but I have tried it in 2D as well. I'd rather not use the layer gradient (which does work) as I want to tie expressions to the node points. But issue shows up long before I get in the experssions.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: AE 2018 and the gradient ramp
on Mar 7, 2018 at 11:30:59 am

Gradient Ramp is now a GPU-accelerated effect.

For troubleshooting, try disabling GPU acceleration. In Project Settings > Video Rendering and Effects > Use, choose "Mercury Software Only".

If that clears up the issue, try updating your graphics drivers and re-enabling GPU acceleration.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: AE 2018 and the gradient ramp
on Mar 7, 2018 at 9:10:48 pm

Thanks Walter - we are starting to see issues in the Card area for other things (shredding in previews etc). I've got the latest drivers from Nvdia and that did clear up some of the issues but not all. But AE was already set to not use the GPU and we are still getting intermittent results with the Gradients (in the Layer styles too) The first time you use it in a comp, it works, after that it never shows up.

I had heard horror stories about the new AE and wondered if this was part of it, but would be willing to concede it was my GTX 980 if I hadn't already turned it off in the prefs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]