FORUMS: list search recent posts

I can't see my footage in After Effects Composition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mayank Sandh
I can't see my footage in After Effects Composition
on Mar 2, 2018 at 6:37:03 am

I am experiencing this problem since I started using Adobe After Effects 2018. I shot a footage from my phone with a .mp4 extension but when I imported it to my composition, It is blank. I checked if the footage was blank or that the footage is corrupted but in Media Players, it played fine. Then I shot a footage from my another phone with a .3gp extension and the result was still the same. I even tried converting them into other extensions like .mov but all the efforts were useless. You can have a look at the composition which I was working on. Please help me.

p.s. I used an old footage of mine with .mp4 extension and it worked fine. I shot that one with the same phone which I have now.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

-------------------------------------------

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

System Type: x64-based operating System and x64-based Processor

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5450 2048 MB(2GB) Dedicated Memory

After Effects Version: Adobe After Effects CC 2018 Version 15.0.0

mp4footage.jpg

3gpfootage.jpg

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: I can't see my footage in After Effects Composition
on Mar 2, 2018 at 5:51:09 pm

I see you're on version 15.0. There's been a bug fix, Version 15.1. You can do an update to see if it helps. It MIGHT -- no guarantees.

Cel phone video is a right royal pain in the neck for AE because it's almost always shot at a variable frame rate and AE needs FIXED frame rate video to work properly. There are apps that force phones to behave more like real video cameras. You should get one. Filmic Pro comes to mind.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Mar 2, 2018 at 6:54:50 pm

First, I'd suggest these three troubleshooting steps (do one at a a time and see what works):

1) Clear the cache (Edit > Purge > All memory & disk cache...)

2) Reset preferences (Hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) while starting After Effects.)

3) Disable hardware acceleration of the UI (Preferences > Display > Uncheck "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels." If toggling this works, try updating your video driver and re-enabling this preference.)

[Dave LaRonde] "Cel phone video is a right royal pain in the neck for AE because it's almost always shot at a variable frame rate and AE needs FIXED frame rate video to work properly. "

After Effects CC 2018 supports variable frame rate video natively and provides footage interpretation options for how to handle VFR/audio sync.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Mayank Sandh
on Mar 3, 2018 at 3:21:23 am

I tried all the above methods but the results are the same.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTION

Return to posts index

Mayank Sandh
on Mar 3, 2018 at 3:16:19 am

I updated to the version 15.1 but still, it is same.

THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTION!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]