FORUMS: list search recent posts

can i send an AE file to a different computer that i work on?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
denisa costin
can i send an AE file to a different computer that i work on?
on Mar 1, 2018 at 10:53:14 am

heloooo, this is a newbie question but I would appreciate some help'

I am working on an AE file on my work computer however I have a deadline and i will need to work over the weekend, can I send this AE file through mail without everything disappearing and stuff? Both my work computer home laptop have AE CC 2018, so there shouldnt be any problem opening the files.

I currently dont have a usb with me, so if there is anyway i can transfer my files that would be great!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: can i send an AE file to a different computer that i work on?
on Mar 1, 2018 at 2:08:48 pm

Yes, you can send the AEP to another computer and work on it there, but you will also need all the footage that's used in the project, plus any fonts, scripts, and third-party plugins you're using.

You can use the Collect Files command to gather up the AEP and footage assets into one place:
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/basics-rendering-exporting.html

You will need to manage your fonts, scripts and plugins separately.

If you have more footage than you can send in email, you might consider a cloud storage system like Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive, or you might zip it all up and use a file transfer solution like Hightail or WeTransfer. If you have a lot of footage, though, a USB drive would probably be the best option.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]