FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export AE keyframes to Photoshop transform keyframes?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathon Lau
Export AE keyframes to Photoshop transform keyframes?
on Feb 26, 2018 at 11:02:32 am
Last Edited By Jonathon Lau on Feb 26, 2018 at 11:11:00 am

I have recently come across some animated templates where all you need is photoshop to update the moving textures.

See: https://www.mockupworld.co/free/animated-floating-iphone-8-mockup/

I think this is very handy, and I know my colleagues (who don't know how to use AE) would love something like this to update animations. The question is, how are these photoshop files created?

Initially, I thought it was as simple as copy and pasting keyframes from After Effects into Photoshop's timeline, though that doesn't seem to work. Then I thought maybe the author the example above eye-matched and created keyframe in Photoshop, but I've seen some more complex examples since.

Does anyone know? Google wasn't any help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Export AE keyframes to Photoshop transform keyframes?
on Feb 26, 2018 at 3:44:44 pm

There's a good reason why Google wasn't any help, and that's because Photoshop isn't up to the task as you hoped it would be.

It's also why After Effects exists -- It was designed to do this type of work. Photoshop pales in comparison. Its animation capabilities -- if you can even call them that -- are EXTREMELY weak.

Long story short -- if your colleagues want to do After Effects-style animation, they have to learn After Effects.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jon Law
Re: Export AE keyframes to Photoshop transform keyframes?
on Feb 26, 2018 at 9:30:06 pm

Hi Dave,
Thanks for replying.

I agree with what you are saying. Though I am asking how other people have managed to get Photoshop to do this already.

The screenshot shows a Photoshop smart object that has transform keyframes that track it to a 3D rendering of a phone. I am not sure if these keyframes were eye-matched created, or if they were generated somewhere else?

You can download the photoshop PSB file here:
https://www.mockupworld.co/free/animated-floating-iphone-8-mockup/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]