FORUMS: list search recent posts

CC composite alternative?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eva Lepik
CC composite alternative?
on Feb 25, 2018 at 12:21:26 pm

Hey guys!

Does someone know a way to replicate CC composite effect with hard light blend mode?
The purpose is to composite original layer on top of itself with blend mode Hard Light.

I am using CC composite on adjustment layer as the 1st effect (after which other effects are applied).
This Adjustment layer is pre-composed and collapse transformations is switched on for Adjustment pre-comp layer. Under Adjustments comp is original footage layer which it should affect.

The problem is that other effects are coming through, but CC composite dose not have any effect this way.

Any help is appreciated ☺
Thanks,
Eva

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: CC composite alternative?
on Feb 26, 2018 at 1:31:35 pm

If you're doing pre-comps, why don't you just duplicate the footage pre-comp and set it over in the blend mode you want?

I didn't get why the effect isn't working, I'll need to see some timeline screen shots to pinpoint it. But since CC composite is nothing but a duplicate placed over it. You can avoid it altogether.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Feb 26, 2018 at 4:06:48 pm

Cc composite? Wasnt that for before after effects? Or from Node users coming from nuke or something? is that you? ..Look up layer switches in after effects.. to solve your problem

Return to posts index

Eva Lepik
on Feb 26, 2018 at 8:53:00 pm

Thanks or the replies.

Probably I could have given more details, why I'm using CC composite, etc.
As I'm making a template, the goal is to be able to drag an effects comp on top of any footage (without a need to duplicate footage and change blend modes).

And CC composite (after which come other color adjustment effects) gave a look I aimed for.
Anyhow seems that I can do almost the same look with certain Curves settings. And Curves comes through even
when collapse transformations switch is on.

Eva

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 26, 2018 at 9:39:49 pm

compound arithmetic is similar to cc composite, it also has a hard light mode (it calls operator). not sure if it would have the same issue with collapse transformations....

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]