FORUMS: list search recent posts

explode layers using CC Pixel Polly

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alison Francis
explode layers using CC Pixel Polly
on Feb 23, 2018 at 12:28:23 pm

Hi everyone,
Im a little stuck on a project im animating. I am trying to create an explosion of vector layers using the CC Polly effect.

1. I've animated my ai layers that are individual puzzle pieces to zoom and wiggle. I'm trying to achieve a build up of pressure effect.
2. I now want to explode all my layers together.
3. i tried copying all my layers and pre-composing, then applying the effect which didnt work
4. i then tried making a new solid layer >apply effect > then parent to the pre-composed layer and that brought the effect in but only the solid exploded not the puzzles beneath it

since im still fairly new to the world of animating, Im not sure what im doing wrong, so id appreciate any help

heres a screenshot

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: explode layers using CC Pixel Polly
on Feb 23, 2018 at 8:31:40 pm

you could create a new adjustment layer above all the layers that you want to 'explode' with pixel poly, then add the pixel poly effect to the adjustment layer. it will then effect all layers bellow it.

or you can take the comp you want to explode and put it in a new comp (this is called pre-comping or nesting). to do this, in the project window drag your comp onto the new comp icon and open the resulting new comp. your comp with all the layers will now be a single layer in the new comp. add pixel poly to that layer and you should also get the result you want.

Kevin Camp
Art Director

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved