FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recreating a graphical overlay

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Kamstra
Recreating a graphical overlay
on Feb 21, 2018 at 8:15:19 pm

Hi guys,

So I am updating logos of some corporate videos, and they have this overlay in the intro of some white bars moving around:

I am trying to determine if this might be a pre-created overlay template, or if I will need to recreate it on my own.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Recreating a graphical overlay
on Feb 21, 2018 at 8:57:16 pm

they are used to narrow your attention on the action ..or to looks okay in some areas but a bit amaturish in others...the 2 planes in 3d space just feels a bit sloppy

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Recreating a graphical overlay
on Feb 21, 2018 at 9:22:47 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 22, 2018 at 12:22:56 am

The good news is that you can make the animation with the geometric shapes re-usable. The text animation? Not so much. You'd have to change text. But if you make both kinds of animations as alpha-channeled movies, the assembly is really easy in a video editing application.

I should elaborate. It's easy to make the geometric shape animation in AE. All it takes is a couple of nested comps, some solids and a little patience to get the timing right.

You can get as fancy as you want on the text animations, and there are text animation presets that can help you get started.

Render out the shape animation and the text animations as separate video files, with alpha channels. You can them import them into your video editing application of choice, stack them up on the video tracks over the shots from your video, and you're good to go.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved