FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Tracking After Effects footage with Cinema4D

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
holly amott
Motion Tracking After Effects footage with Cinema4D
on Feb 20, 2018 at 3:25:47 pm

Hey guys,
I'm trying to get green-screened footage onto an interior in Cinema4D using AE, but it's all wacky.

I've motion tracked some footage in after effects (position + rotation) which is fine, applied it to a null etc, and I wondered if it was possible to make the AE comp camera Cinema4D uses move correctly using the null?

I made a camera, attached the camera to the null, and played it back but the movements of the camera are so wacky, exaggerated and all over the place it looks ridiculous. I tried upscaling the 3d interior model and going back to AE thinking it was just too small but the result is still the same.

However it works fine with a still picture or video. Is there a way to do this? My Cinema4D is using the AE comp camera.

I'm still learning, please don't kill me if I did something stupidly wrong 😅

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Motion Tracking After Effects footage with Cinema4D
on Feb 21, 2018 at 11:00:40 am

[holly amott] "ve motion tracked some footage in after effects (position + rotation) which is fine, applied it to a null etc, and I wondered if it was possible to make the AE comp camera Cinema4D uses move correctly using the null?"

You should use the 3D Camera Tracker instead of a 2D point tracker. This will solve for a virtual camera that matches the movements of the real-world camera.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]