FORUMS: list search recent posts

Connect Multiple Layers to a single Layer or Selected Layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mac Lad
Connect Multiple Layers to a single Layer or Selected Layer
on Feb 19, 2018 at 2:16:54 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have at least 80 points (layers), attached image for ref, in my comp which need to connected by a rope. My problem is that I have to connect that 80+ points to single null so that I can animate the null i.e. just a wiggle. I am aware of some plugins like motion 2 and connect layers but that will consume more time as I need to connect every layer individually to null or layer. Is it possible to connect all those 80+ Points or selected to a single null or a layer?

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Connect Multiple Layers to a single Layer or Selected Layer
on Feb 19, 2018 at 4:27:43 pm

Yes it is...i did this same exact thing for my potfolio..i had videos flying around instead of points. and I connected each video to the center with a line... using.....I forgot what i did...Ill be back if i can remember. I know i t wasnt just a 2d line maybe it was a bunch of lightning ..no thats 2d. maybe it was video co pilots 3d stroke using particle world..that seems like too many...dang i forgot

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Connect Multiple Layers to a single Layer or Selected Layer
on Feb 21, 2018 at 3:38:10 am

Plexus will connect the single point to the outlying points automatically - use the Beams Renderer.
However, all these layers have to be 3D layers and both sets of points have to be set into different Plexus groups - not a difficult thing to do as Plexus is able to create groupings based on layer type and naming conventions.

TypeGEMs - the Definitive Type Gizmo for AE
http://broadcastgems.com/typegems/

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations
Adobe After Effects CC ACE/ACI
Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor

http://www.broadcastgems.com/mographintensity_shapestext/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]