FORUMS: list search recent posts

spacebar preview doesn't always stop on second spacebar press

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe kaye
spacebar preview doesn't always stop on second spacebar press
on Feb 18, 2018 at 6:04:50 pm

Lately in AE (one of the recent updates) the spacebar preview has started behaving a bit wonky - about 20% of the time when I'm playing a preview and try to stop it (with a 2nd spacebar press) it just carries on playing regardless

Does anyone know if this is a bug or a setting?

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: spacebar preview doesn't always stop on second spacebar press
on Feb 19, 2018 at 3:49:42 pm

you will get used to it. To make sure it happens less uncheck all boxes in your preview window. play from current time

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 19, 2018 at 3:54:43 pm

Yeah, I noticed AE didn't stop previewing myself a couple of days ago. Of course, my machine hasn't been shut down or even restarted for a couple of weeks, and I'm running a news broadcast style Avid along with Adobe CC 2017 apps. There's bound to be some accumulated weirdness going on. It won't be a big deal for me until it gets a lot worse.

So why not just shut off my machine? Following an inability to boot it up after a weekend, I called on the station IT Lady, who declared it was on its last legs. I didn't want to risk further problems, so it stays on.

A brand-new machine should be arriving in a few days. It's a rush priority.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

joe kaye
on Feb 19, 2018 at 5:48:09 pm

[Richard Garabedain] "you will get used to it"
Ha, I wish - it isn't happening all the time and I'm an editor so i spend half my time on programs like avid that do respond to start/stops reliably. I'm finding it really distracting to have to pause and wait for AE when I'm ready to work on something right by where the playhead was...

[Dave LaRonde] "my machine hasn't been shut down or even restarted for a couple of weeks"
I can't say the same for my machine - plenty of restarts and it's been going on for a few weeks

I've sent a bug report

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]