FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to use the HTML5 FileAPI to access a local directory via my HTML5 panel [#1], and then use callbacks to add files to the comp timeline? [#2]

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Hawkins
Is it possible to use the HTML5 FileAPI to access a local directory via my HTML5 panel [#1], and then use callbacks to add files to the comp timeline? [#2]
on Feb 16, 2018 at 4:57:05 pm

Hi guys,

Just purchased Davide Barranca's fantastic HTML5 Panels resource to develop a panel that will speed up my workflow. The subject line of this post is perhaps the most important question I have, as it will make or break my proof-of-concept. Patience to learn, I have. But banging my head against the wall ... well, you get the point.

I believe this is doable with a traditional panel. I think the AEViewer dev has taken some of Adobe's advice* and built a panel based on Premiere's superior framework. (Though I may be wrong.)

In a nutshell, is it practically possible to build a HTML5 local directory panel with the HTML5 File API [HTML, CSS, JS], and then communicate to the host app in JSX?

Any replies are very appreciated.

Regards,
Dave

P.S. FROM AE SDK PDF...

*AEIO FOR IMPORT, OR MEDIACORE IMPORTER?
After Effects supports MediaCore importer plug-ins. MediaCore is a set of shared libraries that grew out of Premiere Pro; thus the MediaCore APIs are described in the Premiere Pro SDK.

Only MediaCore importer plug-ins support an importer priority system: The highest priority importer gets the first opportunity to import a file, and if the particular imported file isn’t supported, the next-highest priority importer will then have the opportunity to try importing it, and so on. MediaCore importers cannot defer file import to an AEIO. So if your goal is to take over file handling for any file type for which After Effects already provides a plug-in, you need to develop a MediaCore importer plug-in. On the other hand, only AEIOs can display a setup dialog in the Interpret Footage < Main > More Options dialog.
If the above constraints haven’t already answered whether you need to build an AEIO or MediaCore importer, then you’ll likely want to build a MediaCore importer, which can be used across the video and audio applications including Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, Prelude, SpeedGrade, and Audition.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]