FORUMS: list search recent posts

Refraction/kaleidoscope in after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Johnson
Refraction/kaleidoscope in after effects
on Feb 16, 2018 at 5:13:38 am

How would you achieve this sort of complex refraction effect? Almost as if shown through a diamond or something

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
Re: Refraction/kaleidoscope in after effects
on Feb 17, 2018 at 11:13:58 am

Have you looked at the mosaic effects? I think they would get you close. The colour separations would be quite tricky and probably need to involve additional layers re-coloured, but it should be achievable with a bit of time.

http://www.YouTube.com/ShiveringCactus - Free FX for amateur films
http://shiveringcactus.wordpress.com/ - FX blog

Return to posts index

Don Johnson
on Feb 19, 2018 at 3:47:26 am

I'm not sure I understand how the mosaic effect can be used for these? To my eye it is more like each slice of the layer is a new version offset. Or am I missing something?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Feb 23, 2018 at 10:04:51 pm

cc glass may get you close....

first you'll need a grid-like texture... try making a white solid, adding ball action (set the ball size to 50) and then adding solid composite (setting the solid color to black). you should get a grid of circles.

add cc glass to the layer you want to distort, in the surface settings, set the bump map to the solid with ball action, then click source and set it to effects & masks. then scrubs he softness setting and see if that will work for you.

there might be some other settings there to fiddle with, but it seems like it gets pretty close. you could also try using a different texture as the bump map.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]