FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proect file is getting too big

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasford Muldoon
Proect file is getting too big
on Feb 14, 2018 at 1:47:36 am

OK so I have so many layers and things in my project, is there a way to singlke out a few layers so so I can work on them without the rest of the layers making AE lag?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Proect file is getting too big
on Feb 14, 2018 at 1:57:47 am

You can use the eyeball switch to turn off layers. They won't render. Similarly, you can use the Solo switch to isolate one layer or a few, and the rest won't render.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
Re: Proect file is getting too big
on Feb 14, 2018 at 3:58:18 am

Ahh great I thought of that but wasnt sure if they would still render whole toggled off thanks Dave :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Project file is getting too big
on Feb 14, 2018 at 7:23:33 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 14, 2018 at 8:43:49 pm

You should also know that there are a LOT of different strategies for previewing: every nth frame, reducing comp window size & resolution, using a region of interest... you can read about 'em all in the Viewing And Previewing section of AE Help.

Just ignore one of the first ways mentioned to preview, which is hitting the space bar. That one stinks.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jasford Muldoon
Re: Project file is getting too big
on Feb 14, 2018 at 9:38:45 pm

I hit the '0' key on my num pad to preview and I currently have it set to skip 10 frames during ram preview to make it smoother, I could do with a PC upgrade but I am managing ok with it for now and I also have to preview in quarter when my projects start getting big
Thanks
Jasford

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]