FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tracking footage (google maps) and shape slipping

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Birket
Tracking footage (google maps) and shape slipping
on Feb 12, 2018 at 12:48:37 pm

Hi all.

I've followed a couple of tutorials to track my original footage. The footage came from Google Earth Pro - a simple motion across a bit of England - and it tracks very well. I created the track solid and 3D camera, and you can see that the solid nicely sticks to the ground without any apparent slipping.

Good so far.

Now I want to create a path that will follow a road and track with the same camera. I trace a simple road on a new layer and then copy paste the position point of the track solid to this new shape. Then the traced bit of road jumps to the different location. I'm not really sure how to get this trace to stay aligned to the road.

Could anyone explain how I can get a trace of a road (or building outline or anything else) to track correctly? I am clearly missing a crucial step here.

Kind Regards,
Rich

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Tracking footage (google maps) and shape slipping
on Feb 12, 2018 at 8:11:40 pm

Move your layer to the same position in 3d space as the road you want to highlight. Then draw the road on with masks and the stroke effect. This way you can edit the mask in the footage panel, but view the result in the composition panel.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]