FORUMS: list search recent posts

Electromagnetic Radiation effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Hall
Electromagnetic Radiation effect
on Feb 11, 2018 at 4:47:09 pm

Hi guys,

On a mission here to create an - electromagnetic Wave OR radiation effect/ visual which can be can be placed anywhere in 3D space.

Some examples of what the most common visual for EMW and what I want to achieve.
I would like to mimic the same shape but also add more detail to so it is not so text book style looking.

electromagnetic-waves-1526374_960_7202.png

I am thinking there are a few ways around doing this but personally am a bit rusty in VFX and need pointing in the right direction.

1) an emitter in 3D space with the correct shapes )
2) 3D objects shapes continuously streaming directionally (in after FX or other 3D program)
3) 2d spites with video playing inside as it streams along the path

Here is a video which showcases some well done effects

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Electromagnetic Radiation effect
on Feb 12, 2018 at 2:42:41 pm

Since electromagnetic radiation is invisible, do you have a look in your mind's eye for its visibility?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sam Hall
on Feb 12, 2018 at 3:15:05 pm

Not since the days of Visual effect creation lol, but serious, any takers on this?

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Feb 12, 2018 at 5:48:08 pm

You could pretty easily use the Audio Spectrum or Audio Waveform plugins, along with some glowing effects. They won't move in 3D space well, but you can either animate the ends with a point tracker, or place them on a solid that's tracked into 3D space. After Effects doesn't do true 3D, so you'd have to get creative to simulate it.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 12, 2018 at 8:28:38 pm

You might try messing around with the 3d Stroke effect from Red Giant's Trapcode Suite. I'd bet you could get some cool results from that.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]