FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects rendering out radial gradients

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ceri Allen
After effects rendering out radial gradients
on Feb 8, 2018 at 11:08:13 pm

Hi

I am rendering out graphics that have a radial gradient on a block colour as a background.
When I render them out you can see the staggering of the gradient quite dramatically.
I have experimented making the gradient using the gradient layer style, ramp effect and masking on a solid, this doesn't make any difference.
I have experimented rendering as H.264, apple pro-res, animation codec and DPX sequence. The DPX and animation give the best result though it is still not completely smooth.

Is there any way around this? As it is at the moment I am concerned if it would fail QC checks.

It will be inserted into an edit I think in Premiere so if there is a more advisable format to render out in then needs to be suitable for this.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After effects rendering out radial gradients
on Feb 8, 2018 at 11:14:45 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 9, 2018 at 2:40:48 pm

I'd say you should change the bit depth of your project in the project settings from 8 to 16 bits. Perhaps even 32 bits. But start with 16.

And try this trick -- put a teeny, tiny amount of noise into the ramp. It seems counterintuitive, but it often helps with the banding.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]