FORUMS: list search recent posts

The ol' Unmultiply.aex plug-in

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Whitney
The ol' Unmultiply.aex plug-in
on Feb 8, 2018 at 9:47:28 am

The other day, I was going to reply to a question on the forum but wanted to see if the old Unmultiply plug-in might resolve the issue. When I went looking for it in the Effects & Presets list, I couldn't find it. Checked the folder, and yep, it's there:
... Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\Plug-ins\Effects\Unmultiply.aex, but it simply wasn't showing up in the list.

What might be causing this? It's not in the Obsolete tab, nor searching with Unmult gave any results. Can't remember when I last used it, but I know I have with CS6. Tried moving it to a different sub folder and still wasn't there. Might it be showing up with a different name somehow? Is there a newer version? Anyway to resolve this?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: The ol' Unmultiply.aex plug-in
on Feb 8, 2018 at 2:27:51 pm

Unmult is a free third-party effect that's so useful it should be bundled! You can grab the classic Red Giant Unmult here:
https://www.redgiant.com/downloads/legacy-versions/

Or you can get one from Mekajiki:
https://mekajiki.onfastspring.com/unmult

Or I think there's one in Red Giant Universe:
https://www.redgiant.com/universe/

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Feb 8, 2018 at 5:37:48 pm

OK guys, thanks. The one that didn't want to list is called Unmultiply and is circa 2013 which is probably when I installed CS6 initially and is the date on most of the aex files in that folder. The one from Mekajiki's site is named UnMult and is dated 2017 & that one lists. I thought that was the one I had originally as I do recall that spelling but didn't think I'd gotten if from Mekajiki.

I'm wondering now if it was actually pre CS6 days that I'd last used it. Current system is Win7 Pro, 64-bit and I bet the problem one isn't 32-bit.

Anyway, I'm back to where I thought I was.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Feb 8, 2018 at 3:41:25 pm

There is a 32 and 64-bit version, so make sure you are using the right one for your computer.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
ThinkCK

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 8, 2018 at 4:38:35 pm

...and I'm curious why you can't see the original in the first place. AE CS6 is getting pretty long in the tooth, and may start behaving oddly running on newer operating systems.

So what's your OS?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]