FORUMS: list search recent posts

Team Projects - Why is "Export Motion Graphics" option greyed out

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kjetil Svendsen
Team Projects - Why is "Export Motion Graphics" option greyed out
on Feb 8, 2018 at 7:53:54 am

Why is the Motion Graphics disabled when using Team Projects?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Team Projects - Why is "Export Motion Graphics" option greyed out
on Feb 8, 2018 at 4:55:36 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 8, 2018 at 5:16:59 pm

No certain knowledge why, just suspicions.

First, I don't know ANYONE running Adobe Team successfully.

Second, it could be a bug, but since the exotic bugs in AE are the last ones to be fixed -- and this one is indeed an exotic one -- you may wait a very long time for a resolution.

Third, AE is an extremely unimportant member of its software array. If something goes wrong with Adobe Marketing Cloud, the entire company panics. If something goes wrong with AE, only the 12-member AE team panics. This team is Adobe's Little Sisters Of The Poor, you see.

So at the moment, it's impossible for me to give you an authoritative response. All I can say for sure is, "Don't use Adobe Team -- it's still a train wreck. If you insist on using it, you can NOT expect miracles and you must expect things that don't work."

There is also a remote possibility that it's operator error. But there are very few AE practitioners using Adobe Team. You may wait a long time for an explanation. Why don't they use it? Because AE is still at its core 23-year-old software. Many have a healthy skepticism that it can be successfully integrated with software that began development only 3 years ago.

And you can always file a bug report with Adobe. Don't expect an immediate response.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved