FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects Error after installing a language pack in word

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Chellaram
After effects Error after installing a language pack in word
on Feb 6, 2018 at 3:49:13 pm

Hi,

I've been working in AE 2018 all day without any issues but all of a sudden I get the following error:

After Effects warning: Unknown BIB Error. Unknown Bravo Error, BRV, 0

( 83 :: 3 )

I've read up on multiple forums on this error (and similar errors) and the problem usually comes from either a corrupt font or due to language changes.
I eventually noticed that my w10 OS language was changed to Norwegian but I haven't changed it. I did however download a language pack in Microsoft Word to get the norwegian autocorrect but for some dumb reason it changed the entire OS to norwegian. Now, the project I was working on wont open without the error above looping. I assume this error comes from the language change and not because of a corrupt font (I havent installed any new fonts lately).

What I have done so far:
- Purged Cache
- Deleted the norwegian language pack
- Changed language to Norwegian / English / mix between keyboard and display
- Reinstalled AE 2018
- Pulled my hair out

None seem to work. After reinstalling AE 2018, everything was fine for about 30 seconds before it popped up again.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After effects Error after installing a language pack in word
on Feb 6, 2018 at 10:16:29 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 7, 2018 at 12:01:06 am

I hate to say it, but you might need a separate machine just for Norwegian.

There are a lot of strange bugs in the 2018 version, but this is the first time I've heard this one.
Which puts it at the bottom of the list for Adobe bug fixes. So I wouldn't hold my breath for a fast resolution to your problem.

The alternative to a new machine -- revert to AE CC 2017 and see if it works for you.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Benjamin Chellaram
on Feb 7, 2018 at 2:23:22 pm

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply!

I think I've found the "solution" to this problem, no error since yesterdays and I have been working for a about 5 hours now so I assume its gone.

I noticed that the error didnt pop up on any other project (AE 2018 or 2017), just this perticular .aep. This was the project I was working on when the language changed so I guess thats why everything else works fine, while this aep doesnt. I have tried to create a new AE2018 project and import my "infected" aep, but this didnt work as the error would pop up after importing.

What is super weird is that I would open up my project and sometimes the error would popup almost instant or sometimes after a few seconds. What I noticed that the error only popped up when I opened the comp (Comp 3) that I was working on when the language changed, meaning that the bug only exist on that comp only. I have since then deleted the comp and voila, no problem. The comp consisted of roughly 4-5 shapes layers, nothing advanced and no text layers. I find this super weird, but I guess a comp can somehow become buggy?

Well, I'll post back if anything changes - but for now I think all is good.

Thank you very much!
Ben

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 7, 2018 at 4:49:43 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Feb 7, 2018 at 11:36:56 pm

Ohhhh.... you had AE open when you made the change. No wonder I never heard of this particular woe.
Best practice -- do only one big change and nothing else. No other open applications. And of course, do a restart after the change

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]