FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects 5 stopped working today - crash on startup

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Taylor
After Effects 5 stopped working today - crash on startup
on Feb 5, 2018 at 11:21:58 pm

I teach a video class in high school. We have been using after effects 5 for the last several years. It has been working great. My lab has deep freez on, so every night it resets the computers to day 1. I also have AE5 on my teacher station - an Alienware laptop. Everything has been running great for several years. Was just working last week in class. Suddenly today, non of the stations will work. AE loads up and then crashes? Same with my teacher station. Did something happen over the weekend? Or could it be something on the internet server at my HS?

Thanks for any help with this.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: After Effects 5 stopped working today - crash on startup
on Feb 5, 2018 at 11:29:55 pm

Was there an over-the-weekend change in operating systems? That could do it. Older applications get progressively weirder on newer and newer OSs.

And if you actually mean After Effects VERSION 5, and not AE CS5, you should know that that's really old software! CS5 is pretty long in the tooth as well, but not as bad as AE5, which is 32-bit software.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

James Taylor
on Feb 5, 2018 at 11:31:56 pm

No updates. Even if it gets an update. Deep Freeze sets everything back to they way it was day 1. CS5 - sorry. And again, it's been working great for the last year and a half on this clone.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 5, 2018 at 11:56:05 pm

Sorry, there isn't enough information to go on. I heartily recommend a chat with the district IT folks.

It's really weird that ALL of your machines would go south at the same time. Perhaps they can shed some light.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

James Taylor
on Feb 6, 2018 at 12:02:03 am

They are here working on it now. But they don't have an answer at the moment. I was kind of wondering if it's a server issue of some sort? Like maybe they had an update on their end over the weekend and suddenly my machines are having trouble connecting. But I'm not even sure if CS5 needed to look anyplace?

Return to posts index

James Taylor
on Feb 6, 2018 at 12:03:06 am

I should also mention that I have CS6 (Mac) installed on my personal machine here. No problems with it. Seems CS5 specific?

Return to posts index

James Taylor
on Feb 6, 2018 at 7:45:42 pm

Well, four IT folks have been working on it. Nothing. It's like Adobe turned a switch off and CS5 no longer works.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 6, 2018 at 10:12:26 pm

IT folks are darned thorough, but I have to ask -- did they check for any changes they may have made over the weekend?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]